Chair: Patricia Lewis
GUIDELINES FOR DEA ELECTION CAMPAIGNING
- Candidates must be paid-up, active members in good standing, and must retain their paid up status. Campaign literature distribution may begin on the first Monday in April, after the Letters of Intent are due.
- A copy of all campaign materials should be sent to the DEA office, in care of the Elections Chairperson, at, or prior to, distribution time. These materials will be filed for future reference.
- Each candidate may request a list of BAR’s from each building and a list of members from each building. Each candidate may post two (2) posters/flyers at the DEA office during campaigning time (the first Monday in April through Election Day).
- DEA office equipment and supplies may be used for election/campaign material, with a limit of two (2) sets of flyers per candidate. If additional materials are requested, a fee will be charged.
- Each candidate for offices of President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer will be given the opportunity for a two minute campaign speech at the May BAR meeting prior to the election. A lottery system will be used to determine the order of speakers. All other candidates will have the opportunity to meet BAR’s after the formal meeting.
- Any questions concerning the elections procedure or infractions of the aforementioned policies shall be resolved by the Elections Committee.